choice of dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't call the X-Mission basic.

I was basing my comments on my wife's suit... I just looked at the X-Mission and I agree... looks good.

But it takes a dealer login to launch the "Made to Measure" tool. How did you get around that?
I have a MTM bare suit. You don't have to use a tool. The diveshop measured me, and I stood there while they called the order in to bare. He read the measurements off over the phone. Then debated weather or not the measurements were the "size of a human" or not. Apparently I'm not really a human, because the suit came in fitting perfectly. I guess I'm just a big fleshy monster.

I'm pretty happy so far after 12 dives with my Bare XCD2.
I had a Fusion that just wouldn't stop leaking after two trips back to the factory and 3 or 4 sessions at the LDS. The final straw was my right shoulder issues making it almost impossible to operate the dump. They put it too far back on the arm. I think Bare puts theirs too far forward, but I've found that it works just fine and I can reach it easily
I'm surprised that I don't need extra lead, and the Bare 2mil crushed neoprene dries much more quickly than I expected. It is a heavy brute compared to the Fusion though....probably the reason I don't need more lead

I'm pretty happy so far after 12 dives with my Bare XCD2.
I had a Fusion ...
I'm thinking of replacing my Fusion with an XCD2 also. Sounds like you used the same weighting for both? Does the XCD2 provide any thermal insulation or do you use the same undergarment as the Fusion?

just compare another dry you will easily see the difference

aqualung fusion bullet vs hollis dx300 vs ursuit one endurance

aqualung fusion one vs usia Aqua Deluxe vs usa techniflex
I am able to compare products. But you made the statement, so I thought you would have some actual reason. I am interested in what you see as the weakness on the Whites.

Back
Top Bottom