Coast Guard rescues lost divers off Anclote Key in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wonder if it was a Nautilus Lifeline that saved them...

Lessons:
1: don't leave your boat unattended (or so it is implied)

Since you mentioned it I can't find any reference to whether or not they did leave a boat operator behind and simply couldn't get back together or they did the stupid thing and left the boat unattended. The Coasties praised them for having safety and comm gear with them and I would have expected them to chastise the divers if the boat was unattended. After all, these days just because something is incredibly stupid doesn't mean "it goes without saying..."

It sounds like they left the boat unattended. This article says that they surfaced and couldn't find their boat but the coast guard located the boat for them.

Coast Guard rescues lost divers off Anclote Key in Florida | Various | upi

I agree. You'd think the Coast Guard would take the time to tell folks not to do that although they shouldn't have to because who's stupid enough to leave their boat unattended on the open ocean? (Cut to a video clip of Arnold Horshack raising his hand going "OOOOOOHHHHH! OOOOOOHHHHH! OOOOOOHHHHH!"

every now and again we have a good ending...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom