Cocoview 2016 Summer Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddawson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We had another great trip at CCV last July/August of 2016.
We just got the images up last week.

See the following link:
Roatan 2016 - Deborah Dawson

I had forgotten how good the CCV diving is in July.
This was our 9th trip, and I think it was our best group of macro pictures.

I already booked again for the last week of July of 2017.

Darren

I have a reservation for CCV next December which would be my first time there. One thing I notice in all of the shots you took (which are stunning) is that there are really no fish to be seen. This appears to be most apparent in the shots that show large portions of walls with surrounding open water. Is the fish population very sparse there? The reason I ask is a trip for the 3 of us including airfare will be almost 7k and aside from the frogfish and tiny shrimp I dont see anything in the photos I havent seen in Bonaire.

very nice...... thanks for sharing......

I have a reservation for CCV next December which would be my first time there. One thing I notice in all of the shots you took (which are stunning) is that there are really no fish to be seen. This appears to be most apparent in the shots that show large portions of walls with surrounding open water. Is the fish population very sparse there? The reason I ask is a trip for the 3 of us including airfare will be almost 7k and aside from the frogfish and tiny shrimp I dont see anything in the photos I havent seen in Bonaire.

gkrane,

We been to Bonaire about a dozen times and CCV nine times, and I would agree that there are more fish in Bonaire than on the South Side of Roatan close to Cocoview. It is hard to compare the diving in Bonaire to the diving around CCV because it is so different, and perhaps this difference is one of the reasons why we return to CCV almost every year. For example, see some of the Roatan pictures at Scuba by Kim Dawson to get a idea with regard to the wide angle opportunities that are available. The other thing about CCV is that for all practical purposes; the resort is run like a well-oiled land-based liveaboard. It is really amazing how it works at CCV when you start comparing the diving logistics to other land-based operations.

Darren

Nice pictures Darren, Methinks you're past the stage of "seeing fish".

Nice get on that Snapper Shrimp under the Corkscrew Anemone. Most people don't see the relatively obvious Pedersen Shrimp alone, much less that fleeting glimpse of the red & white feeler of the snapper. You got the entire critter. Bravo.

CCV is perfect for macro, or those with a magnifying glass and a flashlight.

Thats a bit harsh. I don't think there is anything infantile about enjoying the presence of schools of fish while diving. You can always poke around for macro while being surrounded by large amounts of fish. Seeing the "purple rain" school of neverending creole wrasse as far as the eye could see in Bonaire was truly a spectacular sight for me.

Photos are beautiful, but I did notice the invasive lionfish. Was anyone hunting them to save other fish species?

Nice get on that Snapper Shrimp under the Corkscrew Anemone. Most people don't see the relatively obvious Pedersen Shrimp alone, much less that fleeting glimpse of the red & white feeler of the snapper. You got the entire critter. Bravo.

CCV is perfect for macro, or those with a magnifying glass and a flashlight.
thanks Doc

Back
Top Bottom