Collecting antique bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last edited:
Hi
I'm an advid bottle hunter and am looking for other bottle divers to share my local Albany New York sites with and get to travel to some new ones as well. Let me know if you are interested.

Ed the modo diver

Mudpuppy,

Good name for searching for old bottles. I spend more time in 0 vis digging in the mud or cinders looking for old bottles. Iam from Albany New York and dive Lake George which has some good artifacts, several of the other divers are from New Jersey and dive the rivers around that area. We all go to the Caribbean each year and have found some very good finds. We're up for trying some new areas and welcome sharing our sports. Let me know

Modo diver

Hello Mudpuppy,

I'm new to the site but have been diving for bottles for quite awhile finding most of my bottles between the years of 1880 and 1890's because of the steamships and hotels that existed on Lake George during that time period. Are you interested in diving in our area for bottles with us. Modo diver

It great to see the interest here in antique bottles. Thank you everyone for posting your information and pictures. Im looking forward to seeing what else comes to the surface :popcorn:

Hi Modo Diver thank you very much for this invitation, I have some good spots picked out fairly close to your area too if your interested? I sent you a PM

The bottles pictured in these threads are very nice finds! I havent been lucky enough to find any nice bottles like that here in Okinawa but have find plenty of Orion and Sapporo cans...

I do tend to find quite a few WW2 Coke bottles in the sand off the landing sites where the US Marines hit the shores in 1945. Its not uncommon to find bottles mixed in with spent 20mm and even 40mm shells on the seafloor here. Not as cool as what you guys are finding but still a very special place in history.

Hello Katamuki Im sure there are early bottles or pottery items to be found in your area. With a little research on the older island harbours you should be able to find a site that produces some earlier items. A few years ago I seen some turn of the century era Codd Stopper sodas from Japan that were really nice along with some early embossed crown top sodas.

Is metal detecting on the beach popular there in Okinawa?

Mudpuppy you should check into your local artifact guys. Down here in Alabama the artifact guys have some really nice bottles found while looking for fossils and Indian artifacts. A good site for the southeast is artifactsguide.com There are many more but there is always some pretty killer bottels at every arrowhed show I have ever been to. Happy hunting!!

Back
Top Bottom