Comfo-Byte for Apeks question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone ever try the XS Scuba Comfy-Bite version?

Didn't know about it, but looks good (and identical to my Apeks) on the photos!

My preference is a custom mouldable regulator mouthpiece. I believe the last one I purchased was a Trident brand one. It was less expensive at the local shop I frequented while living in Belgium compared to the price at the Amazon link below but that is the product I got:

www.amazon.com/Trident-Rite-Bite-Moldable-Mouthpiece/dp/B087LPPZYX?th=1
1710887416389.png

I used to use an Aqualung Comfo-Bite and have them on some of our 2nd stages, but found, for me, even the standard size one to be a tad too small and I was experiencing jaw fatigue on longer dives...the custom moulded one above locks onto my teeth and I have not had any issues since.

Regardless of mouthpiece type, it highly recommend avoiding clear ones.....get one with some color as it won't look as gross with use in the short and long run.

-Z

I am highly suspicious there. Is the material free of poisonous substances (china goods tend to not be, many of scandals here in the last years)? Will it last or will it fall apart on you under water? etc. My motto, never safe on safety. in my time as a search and rescue diver I have seen to many dumb dead people. Well they were dumb up till the moment they died to be honest.

I am highly suspicious there. Is the material free of poisonous substances (china goods tend to not be, many of scandals here in the last years)? Will it last or will it fall apart on you under water? etc. My motto, never safe on safety. in my time as a search and rescue diver I have seen to many dumb dead people. Well they were dumb up till the moment they died to be honest.
And where do you think Trident sources this mouthpiece ?

No idea. But it does not say made in China on it. I I get one I owuld ask them.

Both sides have a point. As I posted in the compressor forum, great products are made overseas, but I'd like to see rigorous quality control (ideally by a local importer under local jurisdiction) that ensures compliance with our local regulations that are in place for our protection. On the other hand, the mouthpiece in question may be a direct import of the exact same product made in the same factory. But..., I don't know...

For thoroughness:

Further research on the internet shows a product SKU and description for the APEKS comfo-bite antimicrobial mouthpiece of RA117137:

"Description
The Apeks Comfo-bite Antimicrobial Mouthpiece is designed for ultimate comfort during extended dives. Its unique "bridge" feature eliminates the need for bite pressure to keep the mouthpiece in place, reducing jaw fatigue commonly experienced by divers. This mouthpiece is highly favored by technical divers and is compatible with most regulator brands. Crafted from hypoallergenic firm flexible silicone, it also comes with a tie wrap for easy attachment to your second stage regulator. This is the genuine OEM product, ensuring quality and reliability."

The SKU RA117137 matches the Apeks part number listed for various 2nd stages, though the spare parts catalogs do not list "antimicrobial" in the product descriptions....it just says:
RA117137 Mouthpiece, Comfobite

The part numbers for the Apeks version of the Comfobite mouthpiece are:
RA117137 - Comfobite, Black
RA117136 - Comfobite, Clear
RG911122 - Comfobite, Green
RG911252 - Comfobite, Black, Small
RG911123 - Comfobite, Grey

The part numbers for the Aqualung version of the Comfobite mouthpiece are:
RG911251 - Comfobite (Black), Core, Titan LX/Legend/Kronos/Mikron/Glacia
RG911252 - Comfobite (Black, Small)
TH141115 - Comfobite Mouthpiece, Black/Small (2pk w/tie)
SN911152 - Comfobite (Clear), Micra
SN911154 - Comfobite (Clear, Small), Micra/Conshelf 22/SEA4/SE3

-Z
where did you get/find those parts catalogs?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom