Confederation Park Unidentified Shipwreck Hamilton ON 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

treasurechaser

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Not only is this something you can believe in, you can now go out and see this massive shipwreck. I went in virtually blind. A local was with his wife and two boys and I had totally lost my bearings. His wife had a cellphone, I pulled up the coordinates found in my research and he told me where I should find it. The local was right on the money and we found the wreck in no time. We were only snorkeling this time, next time we will bring our gear.

Enjoy.

You said you pulled up the coordinates. What are those coordinates? I'd be interested to go out and visit this site this summer.

X Marks the spot. Also Latitude:43° 14.757' N | Longitude:79° 44.435' W

I can't wait to go back now that we found its exact location. So busy with summer plans. Just dove the Mayflower wreck in Combermere, Ontario. Now going to the St. Lawrence this weekend. Then after this weekend I think we can get back to this one in Hamilton. Also got a lot of diving coming up in Tobermory in August.

Does anyone know anything about HMCS Haida docked in Hamilton? Canada's 'fightiest' ship? Massive trident class destroyer ship that blew up many enemies in WW2 supposed to be open to the public for tours in Hamilton.

X Marks the spot. Also Latitude:43° 14.757' N | Longitude:79° 44.435' W

I can't wait to go back now that we found its exact location. So busy with summer plans. Just dove the Mayflower wreck in Combermere, Ontario. Now going to the St. Lawrence this weekend. Then after this weekend I think we can get back to this one in Hamilton. Also got a lot of diving coming up in Tobermory in August.

Does anyone know anything about HMCS Haida docked in Hamilton? Canada's 'fightiest' ship? Massive trident class destroyer ship that blew up many enemies in WW2 supposed to be open to the public for tours in Hamilton.
I'll be at the St. Lawrence as well this weekend for the AOW class I am in.

I'll be at the St. Lawrence as well this weekend for the AOW class I am in.

Nice, good luck. I have honestly yet to take any more courses since my original certification. I am a bad, bad person. Over 50 dives too! I really would like to get it. Maybe in Tobermory this summer. We have done several sites in St. Lawrence. Looking for something new in the area, still doing my research.

Nice, good luck. I have honestly yet to take any more courses since my original certification. I am a bad, bad person. Over 50 dives too! I really would like to get it. Maybe in Tobermory this summer. We have done several sites in St. Lawrence. Looking for something new in the area, still doing my research.
Don't think there is anything wrong with not going for AOW yet. Also with 50 dives I'm sure it would be a very easy cert for you to complete.

Where are you planning to dive in St. Lawrence this weekend?

Don't think there is anything wrong with not going for AOW yet. Also with 50 dives I'm sure it would be a very easy cert for you to complete.

Where are you planning to dive in St. Lawrence this weekend?

Not sure yet. We have done the windmill/lighthouse. Conestoga. Off the pier/docks. Rothesay. So not those this time.

I was just looking at this on google maps the other day and I noticed what looks like another wreck (or possibly just a pile of garbage) not too far from where you were swimming.

Google Maps

Hopefully the link works, it starts from the wreck you were at and has the destination set at... something underneath the water. You'll probably have to zoom in on the destination to see it. If the link isn't working I'll try posting a picture.

Maybe there's more to see?

Great video by the way, I like the google map overlay, nice touch!

I was just looking at this on google maps the other day and I noticed what looks like another wreck (or possibly just a pile of garbage) not too far from where you were swimming.

Google Maps

Hopefully the link works, it starts from the wreck you were at and has the destination set at... something underneath the water. You'll probably have to zoom in on the destination to see it. If the link isn't working I'll try posting a picture.

Maybe there's more to see?

Great video by the way, I like the google map overlay, nice touch!
Your link works, but based on the coordinates he gave, you actually are referring to the same thing you see in the video. That IS the wreck you see in the video :)

Back
Top Bottom