Confederation Park Unidentified Shipwreck Hamilton ON 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then what's the first thing? It may just be a rock but it looks an awful lot like a boat outline.
Oh I didn't even see the second marker on the left. I was referring to the one on the right. My mistake. It does look like that may be something. You're right it could just be rocks or even an oddity with the image, but it is almost as far out as the other one, probably wouldn't be a huge hassle to checkout.

Then what's the first thing? It may just be a rock but it looks an awful lot like a boat outline.

Grab your gear matey. Based on the data available, several wrecks outline this entire shore of Confederation Park, as well all over Hamilton, Oakville, Burlington, Sauga etc shoreline.

But in this specific area, I bet there are several close by. We should get a squad together one day and do a good swim and search.

Just an idea. No boat needed. Just a couple scuba hand wagons.

Grab your gear matey. Based on the data available, several wrecks outline this entire shore of Confederation Park, as well all over Hamilton, Oakville, Burlington, Sauga etc shoreline.

But in this specific area, I bet there are several close by. We should get a squad together one day and do a good swim and search.

Just an idea. No boat needed. Just a couple scuba hand wagons.
I'm down for that! I'm sure we could find some things out there!

Very cool, thanks for posting your find! We have a serious lack of shore dives around here. I'd like to haul the scooter out there and do some exploring, maybe next weekend.

I have been wanting to do this dive for a while now, and I am in the same boat as one of the other posters that is at 50 with OW... I am at 24 now and plan on staying open water all summer, maybe get advanced next summer. Gives me a chance to get down skills and be a better diver before moving on.

When do you guys plan on doing this? I live in Niagara.

Saturday morning looks clear if anyone want's to head out, maybe get a line run for future dives...

Lines never work in Canada. The ice flow always ruins them. Personally I wouldn't waste my time. The lines will just end up ensnaring some poor fish/animal or get caught up on the wreck and pull it apart.

So simple to get to if you watch the video. I even have the exact landmark to swim out from. The wreck is over 100 feet lying about east to west generally. Can't miss it if you just watch the video I posted. Ill even show you personally if you ask nicely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom