Conshelf fans welcomed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hallmac:
It is a series name that was used with the Micra, Impulse, and some of the conshelf 2nds. It is chrome and has the same appearance as the new Legend 1st stage without the angled ports. It is a balanced diaphragm with two Hp ports opposite of each other and 4 Lp ports. 2 on each side.

Is Aqualung able to sell the 1st Stage and 2nd Stage Primary separately? I'm not sure whether my LDS can provide me the Legend 1st Stage and Conshelf XIV 2nd Stage only. I saw them having both, but in full sets. What my concern is, they might tell me to get both full sets and combine them myself to get the combination that I wanted.

Calvin.

You can always buy any first stage and any second stage from any manufacturer. It is just a matter of your shop calling and ordering it for you. I can't imagine why you would want this combination though....

rescuediver009:
You can always buy any first stage and any second stage from any manufacturer. It is just a matter of your shop calling and ordering it for you. I can't imagine why you would want this combination though....

let's put it in simple terms:

I'm looking for a conshelf that has 2 hp ports.

Simple!

But I think it's not available in Malaysia. That's the diffficult part here. Too bad for me. :(

Calvinator:
let's put it in simple terms:

I'm looking for a conshelf that has 2 hp ports.

Simple!

But I think it's not available in Malaysia. That's the diffficult part here. Too bad for me. :(

Why not use a swivel adaptor? That is what I am doing so I can fit an octopus and BC inflator to my Conshelf XII.

garyfotodiver:
Why not use a swivel adaptor? That is what I am doing so I can fit an octopus and BC inflator to my Conshelf XII.

Dear Gary,

First things first. I'm a new diver. Hence, I neither don't know what's a swivel adaptor, seen it nor heard of it. Help me knowing this "thing" in simple terms. Thanks. Secondly, does it work on high pressure ports? Thanks again.

Regards,
Calvin :wink:

Calvinator:
Dear Gary,

First things first. I'm a new diver. Hence, I neither don't know what's a swivel adaptor, seen it nor heard of it. Help me knowing this "thing" in simple terms. Thanks. Secondly, does it work on high pressure ports? Thanks again.

Regards,
Calvin :wink:

It is an adapter that converts one LP port into three. Useful I suppose, but kind of a failure point. I guess it is another option for you.
http://65.108.41.216/5050-3.html

Well, I've got a Conshelf XI that's my primary regulator (bought new in 1971) with a SeaQuest combo 2nd stage/power inflator that was added later to replace a std. USD octopus. The 1st stage has been replaced with one from a Conshelf Supreme, but I still have the XI first stage tucked away. My son has a Conshelf 22 that's his primary regulator w/the USD octopus, and I have a Conshelf XIV with octopus as a spare. None of them have multiple HP ports and the number of LP ports seems to vary -- the XI and XIV have 2 and the 22 and Supreme have 3 LP ports.

Not sure what the use would be for multiple HP ports, so perahps someone can elaborate. Generally folks need all the LP ports they can get. :)

They're great regulators and I like the fact that the brass ones, although heavy, are definitely built to last. Just for giggles, I also have an Aqualung Royal Aquamaster 2 hose that's fun to haul out on the dive boat just for the wierd looks I get!

Bill Bain
Atlanta

bill_bain:
Not sure what the use would be for multiple HP ports, so perahps someone can elaborate. Generally folks need all the LP ports they can get. :)

Dear Bill,
I would say that I want 2 high pressure ports for an analog pressure gauge and a transmitter for a dive computer.

Calvin.

Point noted. In the recreational diving that I do, a backup analog pressure guage is not needed so it didn't occur to me.

iIRC, the diameter and threads are different for HP and LP ports, so a LP swivel adapter wouldn't work. Not sure how many, if any regulators have more than one HP port.

bill_bain:
Point noted. In the recreational diving that I do, a backup analog pressure guage is not needed so it didn't occur to me.

iIRC, the diameter and threads are different for HP and LP ports, so a LP swivel adapter wouldn't work. Not sure how many, if any regulators have more than one HP port.

Many models, in fact, of many makes. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom