Conshelf fans welcomed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got an Omniswivel LP adaptor so I can add an octo and BC inflator to my Conshelf XII. It looks great, fits well, and I can't wait to try it out.

Calvinator:
is the conshelf 14 not balanced?
Not like the legend. Not to many from that era are. At this point, I do not understand why you are so inclined to use the Conshelf as your primary, so I didn't think that price was an issue.

garyfotodiver:
I have used a US Divers SE3 regulator for several years. The first stage is almost identical to that of my Conshelf XII. The SE3 costs about $75 to service, which includes the octo and guages. There is no reason for me to switch regulators.

After a rebuild, I plan to use the XII in cold water.

I have recently aquired a Conshelf XII. Are these regs sealed or do I need a cold water kit and can I still get the kit? I paid like $30 off ebay for it, figured I'd give it a try to go with a couple 2nd stages I had that I was missing a 1st stage for. I was hoping to use it for cold water with a drysuit but 3 LP's prevents that....guess I'll be looking for a Pony Bottle for that.

Does anybody have a good source for a Conshelf DIN converter? I have had one on order at an outrageous price from my LDS and am beginning to think that it will never arrive :-(

Also,could someone tell me the exact conshelf model I have from the serial number,CMA0463

Thanks

darylm74:
I have recently aquired a Conshelf XII. Are these regs sealed or do I need a cold water kit and can I still get the kit?

Does it have a black bubble on the bottom or is it like something a flathead screwdriver can fit into? It is available as both. If it is not though, it won't be a cheap date to convert it as the entire bottom end needs to be changed out.

rescuediver009:
Does it have a black bubble on the bottom or is it like something a flathead screwdriver can fit into? It is available as both. If it is not though, it won't be a cheap date to convert it as the entire bottom end needs to be changed out.

It has the end that the screw can fit into on it. I guess I will just have to ask my LDS to see how much it will cost if it doesn't already have one.

You have struck a bad note with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hated my Conshelf seIII. It sucked. It felt like I was breathing through a mixed drink straw at only 20 ft. One time at 40 ft, it almost completely stuck shut. I could hardly get a breath out of it.

I'm proud to anounce I now own an Atomic B2 and would give up all of my other equipment before I gave up my B2.

darylm74:
It has the end that the screw can fit into on it. I guess I will just have to ask my LDS to see how much it will cost if it doesn't already have one.

No black bubble means no seal. I would take a look at how badly you need it versus the cost of the thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom