Conshelf fans welcomed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calvinator:
Hmmm.... I finally think that I'll just have to settle with the Aqualung Legend LX.... *sigh*

I just returned from a training dive. My instructor used a Titan LX while I used a Scubapro something at his request. It was designed to increase my stress level. We spoke about Conshelfs because I own two; he told me his first regulator was a Conshelf XIV and the Titan breathes much easier than the XIV.

It's only an opinion but I trust this instructor.

garyfotodiver:
I just returned from a training dive. My instructor used a Titan LX while I used a Scubapro something at his request. It was designed to increase my stress level. We spoke about Conshelfs because I own two; he told me his first regulator was a Conshelf XIV and the Titan breathes much easier than the XIV.

It's only an opinion but I trust this instructor.

Thanks for the opinion. But, if I'm not mistaken, the Legend LX breathes lighter than the Titan LX.

rescuediver009:
No black bubble means no seal. I would take a look at how badly you need it versus the cost of the thing.

I finally am going through my drysuit training. Just waiting for my 2 checkout dives and it was recommended that I carry a small cylinder with Argon. I may save the regulator for that. Wonder if I will need the cold water kit for that application as well.

darylm74:
I finally am going through my drysuit training. Wonder if I will need the cold water kit for that application as well.

I wouldn't think so. as you master the use of a drysuit, you will use the inflator less and less. Just like a BCD. First stages for that purpose are usually inexpensive, low maintenance ones. If anything (i am sure already know) this is one place you would really want to consider an OPRV.

I found the elusive five port conshelf!!!!!!!!!

Let me know if this thread is not dead.

rescuediver009:
I found the elusive five port conshelf!!!!!!!!!

Let me know if this thread is not dead.

It's not dead for me. What sub-model is it?

SE2.

I don't know if you had previously discounted this model from your preference or not.

rescuediver009:
SE2.

I don't know if you had previously discounted this model from your preference or not.

I'm new here. I don't think I had a preference yet :wink:

I bought a Conshelf 25 1st and 2nd last year at a pawnshop in Gulfport. sent them off to get serviced and just started using them. I think there wonderful !!!

Mike

I just picked up a pair of Conshelf XIV's. Can anyone point out a somewhere I can get a parts kit? I tried Amron, but they won't sell to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom