Conshelf XI manual and parts catalog ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idive2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am trying to find a manual and perhaps parts catalog for the conshelf
XI second stage. I downloaded the Aqualung 2001 parts catalog but it
does not show this reg. It seems to jump from the calypso to the SEA series
regulators. I went to a site frogkick something dot com and downloaded the
2001 Aqualung catalog but as mentioned it did not contain a parts listing for
this second stage. I'm finding mention of the conshelf 14 but no mention of
the XI.

I may be wrong but I would bet all Conshelf's use the same parts. At least all that I have worked on have.

If you go to VintageDoubleHose.com you will find on the top a download section. There you can download the 1970's service manual.
Most of the Conshelf's are basically the same, but that service manual will specifically cover the XI and the metal second stages.

Also at VDH you will see a link the the shop. There you can get service kits and parts for that regulator.

Good luck

All the Conshelfs use the same parts as the Titan. Vintage Double Hose has parts kits for the Conshelf 14 which, internally, is exactly the same as all the other Conshelf regs as well as the Royal Aqua-Master double hose.

Thanks for the comments. That 1970 repair manual was a big file but some
very good information, thanks again.

Is the 1970's service manual for Conshelf XI referenced here the one called "Aqua-Lung Repair Manual"? Seems to be the one since it has the parts diagram and two pages of instructions, but just wanted to verify.

Also, regarding service kits for Conshelf XI -
Can I use the Titan & Conshelf 1st service kit from the store even though it doesn't list the XI specifically?

Same question about the 2nd stage. I want to say the generic Conshelf 2nd stage kit but not sure since there is also the 1085 kit. Mine is the kind with a metal body and screw in exhaust port. Port hole seems to be 29mm.

I want to say "yes" to both questions above but would like to verify before buying them.

TIA

Last edited:
The first stage kits will work on any of the Conshelf or Titan. The only difference is the number of ports and therefore you will probably end up with extra 3/8" ports O-rings.

The second stage kits are basically the same for all the metal and early plastic second stages. The difference is the size of the exhaust. Some kits do not include the exhaust valve since the newer silicone ones don't have to be replaced as often.

Yo should be able to find several manuals for the Conshelf (and Titan). Some have better pictures and are more detail than other, but the regulators are all the same and are very easy to service.

Thanks, Luis. What is different with the 1085 second?

I just noticed that the 1085 has a smaller exhaust. Is that the main thing?

Last edited:
Link to early 70s Conshelf XII manual with schematic from the VDH download section

Dropbox - Conshelf XII First and Second Service.pdf

There is no difference between the blue kit and the 1085 kit aside from the picture. I used a picture of a metal 2nd stage in the store because it's very easy to visually ID that 2nd stage and I figured it would save on questions when shopping for service kits.

Thank you for the clarification.

Any suggestions on where to get a diaphragm? Since it's described as universal, maybe I could ask my shop to get one from Aqua Lung?

Back
Top Bottom