Cost To Hire Someone To Film Us?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Video in this situation. Can still photos capture the unfurling of an SMB, you getting tangled up in it, and her reaction? Heck, I'd have two cameras rolling.

Since starting this thread, I have always thought to capture this on video, despite us never filming anything as photos are so much easier to share, view and edit. I'm now wondering whether a whole load of photos will be a better option. The actual 'proposal' will only take 30 seconds or so and I'm not sure how clear a video of this would be vs a timeline of images?

What do you guys think? Which media would work best for this situation?

It's a good point, and the reason I gave up my gopro in favor of a sealife camera for diving. I don't have any stills from my uw proposal, but I sure wish I did. Stills captured from 1080p video tend to look like bunk. Remember, 1080p is only 2.1 megapixels. Stills from a still camera are almost always a much higher resolution and quality.

Maybe you can find someone to take a still camera and another person to take a video and have the best of both?

Last edited:
The reason for the question is that Aldora priced this at $200 which seems really expensive! Do I have much choice?

At first I thought you left out a zero.

Then I thought about it. That would be the right price for a proposal video with one camera. As someone else said, less than 1/2 a minute of raw footage + some generic dive footage.

The more you get, the more weary I'd be, since you get what you pay for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom