Costa Cruise Ship partially sunk off the coast of Italy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Better picture of the Port damage that was the original problem, before the crew grounded the ship.

rock_full_600x400.jpg

05_full_600x400.jpg

Ah HA! Here's another photo that shows the ship fully lit, and upright, while aground. The Captain reported "we just had a blackout, no problems. This also shows the claim that the ship drifted around in the dark is BS.

15_full_600x400.jpg

Well, it appears that every cabin room including the bridge is dark (I doubt everyone just turned out the lights for the sake of it). So there may an emergency power source for the purposes of evacuation that was active. I would be surprised if such a modern feat of technology didn't have redundant or alternate power circuits for just such a purpose.

LOL! I don't think the translation is accurate!

italy-ship-6.jpg

Captioned, "Go on board, damn it!", I believe Cazzo is the slang for 'penis'.

A most fascinating engineering challenge! Will it be cost effective to salvage the ship?

fo0118_concordiasalvage.jpg

Looking at the panels labeled "The Final Fall", anyone wonder if the missing passengers and crew might be in a lifeboat that was under the ship when it finally came to rest?

What a stupid tragedy!

:idk:

Just guessing, I'm pretty sure divers have been all around the outside already. Plus, I think that would have been seen from the shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom