Crabbing in the Puget Sound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jano

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My girlfriend and I live in Montana and are considering a trip out to Washington to dive for crabs. We are fairly new to diving and have about 10 dives under our belts. That said, we are looking for an area in puget sound where we would not be likely to encounter strong currents, in about 40 or 50 feet of water (30 would be even better to save on air), and of course plenty of crabs to gather up. We have a small hard bottomed inflatable boat with a small outboard motor that works great for diving from as long as we don't have to go very far...it's pretty slow! Any suggestions?

I haven't been to this spot but I've heard good things about it. It's right outside of Port Gardener in Everett. It's got boat traffic so a dive flag on your boat would be a good plan. If you stay in eyesight of your anchor and move it along as you go it seems like it would work. The area to the north and west of the marina jetty is a shallow eel grass flat. When we drop pots we look for places that like in the depth range of 40-70 feet.

Everett Harbor Online Nautical Chart Viewer - Pursue The Outdoors

OK, cool! That sounds about like what we're looking for! You haven't been diving here before?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom