• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Current water temp in Bonaire?

Discussion in 'Bonaire' started by potato cod, Jan 6, 2013.

1. potato cod

potato cod Manta Ray

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Can anyone please tell me the current water temp in Bonaire? Heading there this weekend and want to pack the right wetsuit. Thanks!

2. Chasin' Tales

Chasin' Tales Angel Fish

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    It was 81 degrees at one of the southern sites this past week. That was the only time I checked. We dove a 2/3 all week. Saw lots of folks in farmer johns. We have a tendency to be cold, and were fine diving to ~100'.

Enjoy your trip!

3. Eastbayfe

Eastbayfe Captain

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I dove the Antilla in nearby Aruba last Wednesday with a water temp of 79 degrees at a little over 50 feet of depth. We were told the temps had dropped considerably from the days before. I was fine with a 2 mm rash guard.

4. Kharon

Kharon Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 200 - 499
  5. potato cod

potato cod Manta Ray

6. jghflash

jghflash Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    It has been 80 degrees on my computer for a week or so. We are finally having the "rainy season" this week it seems so temps could drop another degree with the cool rains.

7. phelana

phelana Barracuda

Today the rains came down quite heavy.....I am guessing 79/80...it was chilly my last swim last week...

8. potato cod

potato cod Manta Ray

Well, the water is frozen where I live, so that still sounds great.

9. skipm45

skipm45 Angel Fish

Reviving an old thread.
    Headed to Bonaire in 3 weeks and I was wondering if anyone knew the current water temp there.

Thanks!

10. wwguy

wwguy Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    I'm not sure what the water temperature is exactly right now, but I can make an educated guess what it'll be 3 weeks from now.

Seasonal water temp variation is only about 5 degrees or so. It typically varies between 26 to 29 deg. C. (79 to 84 deg F.) with November temperatures in the upper end of that range.

Here are a few links with more info:
    Weather and Climate: Bonaire, Bonaire, average monthly , Rainfall (millimeter), Sunshine, Temperatures (fahrenheit), Humidity, Water Temperature, Wind Speed
    NOAA Coral Reef Watch Caribbean Virtual Stations (shows water temp 30 miles west in Curacao)

The latest Coral Reef Watch data shows sea temperatures in that part of the Caribbean have been around 83 deg F for the past couple of months.

Enjoy your trip! We're looking forward to returning again in December.