CZM Airport Transfers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many times you can purchase the full package, flights, transfers, resort for less than purchasing the components separately so the price of airport transfers are included.

A lot of times when staying at the larger resorts like Park Royal, when purchasing just the resort through a larger tour operator, the airport transfers are included, for less than if you purchsed just the resort stay directly from the resort.

Betsy, You are so right...Sadly, being nice when approached actually makes the situation worse. Since that incident I have learned not to make eye contact, be ready with a "talk to the hand" gesture :talktothehand: and a VERY firm NO as I make a beeline to the ticket booth.

When those timeshare guys approach me I tell them to talk to my husband because he's the one with the credit card, then I point to some guy a couple of rows back. I head right for the ticket booth, pay my $8 and walk out the door. Usually takes me less than two minutes to get out of the airport. Cozumel is gettiing bad, but Cabo is ten times worse.

That may be a "justifying" reason, the kind of "reasons" authorities always come up with to sell an idea to the public, but the primary reason is clearly money. When a taxi minivan can profitably take 6 people to a nearby hotel for $12, there's no reason a full size van should cost $96 ($8 x 12). Even if their costs were double, which I doubt, it would be $24 / 12 = $2 per person.

Anything either of can say about their motivation or economics other than what we can observe is conjecture. I do remember the Cozumel airport before the shuttles, though, and it was a madhouse out there. The shuttles are a big improvement.

Beyond that, it's really a good thing for those that prefer to hoof it for a cab that the vast majority of folks don't do that, whether it's because they prefer not to or they just don't know. If a significant number of folks decided to make the hike, then the bedlam that used to happen in the airport lot would just happen out at the circle. Maybe you guys who like to do that should keep quiet about it. ;^)

This is incredibly simple and I only found it by accident. I bet most of you won't even believe me, but this works.

Here goes:

- Wear a T-shirt from a local restaurant.

Seriously. I wear my Ernesto's shirt on the way in. As SOON as they see this, they just ignore me. They know I've been to Cozumel and won't be bothered with any timeshare nonsense.

I wish Los Seras had T-shirts. I bet those would work even better.

-Charles

Can someone check to see if the Green House Cigar Bar has tee shirts?

This is incredibly simple and I only found it by accident. I bet most of you won't even believe me, but this works.

Here goes:

- Wear a T-shirt from a local restaurant.

Seriously. I wear my Ernesto's shirt on the way in. As SOON as they see this, they just ignore me. They know I've been to Cozumel and won't be bothered with any timeshare nonsense.

I wish Los Seras had T-shirts. I bet those would work even better.

-Charles

It's worth a try...Or how about t-shirt that says "NOT INTERESTED IN TIMESHARES"....In Spanish....:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom