D7200 Different enough?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
They've finally announced the D7200 (still no D400). Is it different enough, or should people be snapping up cheap D7100's? New version uses the same sensor as the D7100, but has much greater low light capability, way more shots per second, new video performance, faster processor and things like vertical focus settings and a built in time lapse and WiFi. Dimensions match the D7100, so unless they pulled a D300S (added a live view button and made the multi button taller so it didn't fit in the D300 case) maybe it will fit in the D7100 housings? Price difference compared to original D7100, pre blowout, is negligible.

Nikon D7200 Digital SLR Camera | DSLR from Nikon

Looks really nice

From what I saw, the external of the camera, including buttons/commands seams identical. The good thing, it should fit the same housing of thr D7100. I was waiting to buy a second D7100 so I probably can get one at great cost or, if it's worth it, buy a 7200.

Envoyé de mon SM-T310 en utilisant Tapatalk

It is also an identical fit for the Aquatica AD7100 housing, and there is a price reduction ($ 365) on the housing since no R&D was required

It is also an identical fit for the Aquatica AD7100 housing, and there is a price reduction ($ 365) on the housing since no R&D was required

Hello Jean,

I am considering to purchase an Aquatica Nikon D-7200 Housing and maybe use a Nikon 10.5 mm f/2.8 fish-eye lens or a Tokina 10-17 mm fish-eye zoom lens. Which dome port should I choose? Please advise.

Thanks and best regards,

Terry

From what I saw, the external of the camera, including buttons/commands seams identical. The good thing, it should fit the same housing of thr D7100. I was waiting to buy a second D7100 so I probably can get one at great cost or, if it's worth it, buy a 7200.

Envoyé de mon SM-T310 en utilisant Tapatalk

yes i confirm, it fit perfectly...i bought a D7200 with a Sea & Sea D7100 housing and all works perfectly..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom