Dacor reg identity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MidwestSteve

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone know the year of these regs and the model of the 2nd stage that doesn't say pacer?
20160701_202547.jpg
20160701_202704.jpg

The Dacor Pacer series was around 1979-80. The Olympic second stage was somewhere around 1977, and that is your mystery second stage. Both are very good regulators.

SeaRat

Thanks man! They both still work great. If only that first stage had another lp port I would maybe use it. I use both the seconds from time to time though. Appreciate the shared knowledge!

Dacor Pacers are great regulators. That said, finding parts for them is getting harder every day. I sold my Pacer some years ago because of that. If you can secure some dive shop's parts inventory you might be ok, short of that, and you'll have a nice paper weight the next time you need to repair or rebuild it.

They look like they've seen some hard use or were never well taken care of.
I have a few Dacor Pacers that look nearly new but I'm the original owner and I always took good care of them.
Unfortunately they are more of a museum piece now since the rebuild parts are extremely hard to get a hold of.

The first stage is (obviously) a Pacer 300. There was also a 900/950 series and XL versions of some of them. I bought a 900 in 1981 new but as mentioned sold it when Mares bought Dacor and parts became hard to find soon after.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom