Dauin resort offering long dives and shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matrixed82

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am planning a trip to the Philippines in February. There are so many interesting options but I narrowed down to Dauin because of the combination of good macro/muck diving and the proximity to Apo for nice reefs.

I had almost decided on Atmosphere resort in Dauin but found out that the unlimited dive package does not include diving on their house reef. According to reviews they limit the dive times to 50 to 60 minutes and that you cannot dive the house reef without a guide. I have read good things about Mike's resort on here but based on their website they only offer 3 dives per day and there seems to be no house reef.

I am looking for recommendations on where to stay that meet these criteria:

1. At least four boat dives per day
2. A house reef that we can dive at any time of the day or night without the need of a dive guide to accompany us
3. Have the option to dive our tank and not be limited to strict 50 or 60 minute dive times. Within reason of course.​

Looking forward to your advice!

It's been a long time since I've dove in Dauin but it was the place I fell in Love with muck.
I never dove the house reef at El Dorado but they have one it's muck. I would check with each operator and find out if they have what you want, since everybody's quiet around here.
But have you considered Anilao? Excellent macro, with some excellent reef dives also. It's generally more highly considered for critters than Dauin. And in general they allow long dives in the area. And most resorts in Anilao have house reefs as do Dauin but both areas house reefs might be restricted due to currents.
Don't get me wrong Dauin has some great muck and I really enjoyed Apo Island as well.

If I make 4 dives a day I won't have any energy or ndl for unlimited shore dives.
Dauin + Apo Island vs Anilao + Verde Island
My own preference would be Anilao + Verde anytime.

I had not considered Anilao but now that I did a little reading it seems to be exactly the kind of place I'm looking for.

Thanks for the info!

Club Ocellaris.
Flight to Manila and depend on your arrival time, you could be under water within 3-4 hrs from your touch down. No domestic flight to negotiate ie. more time/money for diving.
Anilao has the infamous unique price structure in most of their resorts so make sure you ask about everything from boat charge, dm charge etc etc.

Last edited:
Anilao has the infamous unique price structure in most of their resorts so make sure you ask about everything from boat charge, dm charge etc etc.

Buceo has all inclusive dive pricing. Nice resort, great dove op, and quite affordable.

Buceo has all inclusive dive pricing. Nice resort, great dove op, and quite affordable.
That place is probably the only exceptional in the area.
Affordable? Depend who is paying.
For a single diver who want an all inclusive package and staying for 3 days of diving:
Single Rm: US$45.00(breakfast included)
Two buffet meals: US$30.00
Diving: US$120.00 pp 4 dives max.
He is looking a min of US$195.00 per day not counting beverages etc etc.

I think club o is more $

$195 a day is a good value for the quality of diving. There's plenty of cheaper places in Anilao for sure, I wasn't comfortable taking my wife to the cheaper options.
Happy wife happy life!

Weird that you heard Atmosphere Resort don't allow dives over 50 minutes or unguided on the house reef... Would be interested to know your source.

On each of my several stays there I've typically made 60+ minute dives with them and it was never an issue. Their house reef is fabulous and easily accessible from shore allowing you to dive with a guide or without.... Your preference. Most people take a guide as they are fantastic spotters and really know where to find the critters.
I have a group of dive buddies going next week and I secured them a package of boat dives with unlimited house reef dives :)

I've always found the atmosphere team to be very flexible, contact the sales manager Saila directly and ask her to put together a package for your specific needs... Saila@atmosphereresorts.com

Happy hunting
Susie

Planning to go to Atmosphere this Nov 1. I think they are indeed flexible as my Philippine buddy arranged something specifically for our group. Suggest definitely speak to them.
Agree with Susie that the DM enhances the macro experience. In Anilao these guys were already pointing things out to me and I still have difficulty. Sigh... am bringing pen light and magnifying glass with me this next trip.

Back
Top Bottom