Dauin resort offering long dives and shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ended up choosing Buceo in Aniloa. The macro seems great and being able to fly directly to Manila is a plus.

Thanks to all for the input.

Nudisusie - my refrence for the requirement of a guide for the house reef was a recent response by the resort management to a review on Tripadvisor. I also talked to a representative of the resort on the US phone number.

The 50-60 minute bottom time limit was mentioned in a few reviews.

I agree that the guides help spot more critters but I also I also enjoy the occasional dives where I can go very slow for photography. I liked that kind of freedom in Bonaire. I could just go out at any time of the night and hang in one spot, seeing the life unfold in front of me.

Reactions: MA
Hi matrixed82, as a sales manager of Atmosphere Resorts & Spa I have to say that I'm quite surprised to hear about this mysterious US representative of ours and would love to have a chat with him/her to find out what is the motive behind this. We don't have any sales people in US with US phone number (the whole sales team is based in the resort)...

What it comes to the info you have received, diving in our fantastic House Reef is of course included in unlimited diving package, as well as any other coastal dive site. Our unlimited diving package is max 5 guided boat/shore dives a day (the last one being a night dive), with complimentary Nitrox. The standard dive time on boat dives is 60 minutes (not 50 min) and to make sure the boat schedule is working for all the guests we can't change that much, unless you have a private boat of course. :wink: But shore diving on House Reef gives more flexibility to enjoy longer bottom times as Nudisusie has noticed. :)

The local marine sanctuary rules in Dauin are quite strict and for example say that every diver must be up by 7pm so the "all night long" night diving is unfortunately something we simply can't offer here. Then again these same sanctuary rules are to blame for our absolutely amazing macro marine life which is only getting better and better every year so I can't be that upset about this.

For any questions about our dive packages please contact me directly: saila@atmosphereresorts.com, I'm always happy to help.

Have a lovely dive trip to Anilao matrixed82, and I hope to see you here in Dauin some day too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom