Deep Six Outfitters Eddy Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a risky gamble for that price! I'n guessing shipping will be around $40 AUD. I currently use either XX-L jets or I think XL F1s (I'd have to check that though, could just be L).

Probably would want to wait for the heavier version as well as I'll always dive dry.
I always dive dry as well, but in Sidemount or CCR the lighter trim better than the heavy. In BM, yeah would prefer heavier (unless travelling with the fins)

It's a risky gamble for that price! I'n guessing shipping will be around $40 AUD. I currently use either XX-L jets or I think XL F1s (I'd have to check that though, could just be L).

Probably would want to wait for the heavier version as well as I'll always dive dry.
I'll get a shipping price on a pair so you know

I always dive dry as well, but in Sidemount or CCR the lighter trim better than the heavy. In BM, yeah would prefer heavier (unless travelling with the fins)
Ah yeah. I dive twin 12L in cold water, so any extra weight that I don't have on my harness is a bonus.
I'll get a shipping price on a pair so you know
Awesome, thanks :)

I may have the same request as Derelict... but for Germany. Your Online Shop suggests about $70 as the cheapest shipping option... that's a bit...err.. steep. :)

Last edited:
$90 shipping to Australia! So ridiculous!

yeah that seems high doesn't it? My web software grabs the rates from UPS/USPS. I don't set them. The other issue with the fins is they get dimmed out to 10lbs when they really weigh like 6. :-(

Anyhow, I just negotiated better UPS Domestic rates, I am in the process of negotiating the international rates as well, the catch 22 there of course is the bigger the volume the better the rates, the higher the rates the less people are going to buy from overseas.

I may have the same request as Derelict... but for Germany. Your Online Shop suggests about $70 as the cheapest shipping option... that's a bit...err.. steep. :)
I just checked a online retailer that has negotiated MUCH better rates being MUCH bigger than me as a new guy... To ship fins to Germany with them I got the following

United Parcel Service
  • UPS Worldwide Expedited $54.65
  • UPS Worldwide Saver $69.91
  • UPS Worldwide Express $71.46

I am not crazy out of line...

yeah that seems high doesn't it? My web software grabs the rates from UPS/USPS. I don't set them. The other issue with the fins is they get dimmed out to 10lbs when they really weigh like 6. :-(

Anyhow, I just negotiated better UPS Domestic rates, I am in the process of negotiating the international rates as well, the catch 22 there of course is the bigger the volume the better the rates, the higher the rates the less people are going to buy from overseas.
My government stuffed something up with tarrifs a few years ago and ever since then, shipping costs from USA have been crazy. Used to pay $15 from Eastbay, but now it's at least $40 basic shipping.

$90 shipping to Australia! So ridiculous!
Just also checked another much bigger company that sells dive gear, with them to ship a pair of fins to Aus I got the following

United Parcel Service
  • UPS Worldwide Expedited $58.80
  • UPS Worldwide Saver $73.22
  • UPS Worldwide Express $75.85
United States Postal Service
  • Priority Mail International $71.17
  • Priority Mail Express International $98.95

Sometimes shipping rates are just what they are. ;-(

Just also checked another much bigger company that sells dive gear, with them to ship a pair of fins to Aus I got the following

United Parcel Service
  • UPS Worldwide Expedited $58.80
  • UPS Worldwide Saver $73.22
  • UPS Worldwide Express $75.85
United States Postal Service
  • Priority Mail International $71.17
  • Priority Mail Express International $98.95

Sometimes shipping rates are just what they are. ;-(
The funny thing is if your fins retailed here they'd probably go for $250. I paid that for my Scubapro Jet Fins, and my Hollis F1s were $210 at a closing down sale, where they quoted the wrong original price of $250 (was supposed to be $300).

Also I'm guessing all the prices on your shop are USD?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom