Deep Six Outfitters Eddy Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Hollis F1s in X-Large. Scuba Pro Jet Fins in XX-Large. I'm guessing your equivalent size is your XL?

Also, same as per the shipping thing. Have you found any other Australians wanting a pair?

Except I like the XL fin size but now the pocket is too big for me. =\

How does your L size fin compare to your XL? There is a huge difference between the SP Jet Fins L and XL.
Truth is I dove the SP Jets for years and HATED the foot pocket. My toes were the only thing that fit inside them and as I only used for tech if I took a break from tech and had been doing lots of rec dives it would take a couple days of pain when I went back to the jets before they were ok again. The foot pockets on my Deep 6 Eddy fins have NOTHING in common with SP jet pockets. The sizes don't correlate, the shape is different and the way they fit a foot is actually designed to support the foot past the arch and not lose a whole bunch of energy by side to side movement and only having the toes and small part of the foot ahead of the arch in the pocket.

If my XL is too big, the large will probably fit. In my experience I have no idea at all how or why Scubapro called their large Jetfin a Large, it's a smallish medium at best IMHO, their XL is sorta a large (for the width but not really anywhere else) but not a XL compared to the majority of fins on the market (except the jet copies that also copied the pocket.. uggh) and their XXL makes me wonder what they were thinking because they introduced it fairly recently and could have done so much better but look like they just scaled up the existing foot pockets with no consideration for the shape of a human foot or how the existing Lg and XL actually fit in real life..but hey, it's their product and it is a awesome selling one so who am I to say?

I have posted picture comparisons of the SP large and mine, and the SP XL and mine.

You can find a whole series of pics of the SP and mine side by side at DEEP SIX - Photos | Facebook

Any update on the ETA for the negatively buoyant version?

Truth is I dove the SP Jets for years and HATED the foot pocket. My toes were the only thing that fit inside them and as I only used for tech if I took a break from tech and had been doing lots of rec dives it would take a couple days of pain when I went back to the jets before they were ok again. The foot pockets on my Deep 6 Eddy fins have NOTHING in common with SP jet pockets. The sizes don't correlate, the shape is different and the way they fit a foot is actually designed to support the foot past the arch and not lose a whole bunch of energy by side to side movement and only having the toes and small part of the foot ahead of the arch in the pocket.

If my XL is too big, the large will probably fit. In my experience I have no idea at all how or why Scubapro called their large Jetfin a Large, it's a smallish medium at best IMHO, their XL is sorta a large (for the width but not really anywhere else) but not a XL compared to the majority of fins on the market (except the jet copies that also copied the pocket.. uggh) and their XXL makes me wonder what they were thinking because they introduced it fairly recently and could have done so much better but look like they just scaled up the existing foot pockets with no consideration for the shape of a human foot or how the existing Lg and XL actually fit in real life..but hey, it's their product and it is a awesome selling one so who am I to say?

I have posted picture comparisons of the SP large and mine, and the SP XL and mine.

You can find a whole series of pics of the SP and mine side by side at DEEP SIX - Photos | Facebook
So funny to hear someone denounce the venerated SP jet fin. Truth is the pockets are illshaped and uncomfortable and are too short on the sole to transfer the kick effectively. It should not have been that hard to significantly improve upon a 45 yr old (crappy) design.

So funny to hear someone denounce the venerated SP jet fin. Truth is the pockets are illshaped and uncomfortable and are too short on the sole to transfer the kick effectively. It should not have been that hard to significantly improve upon a 45 yr old (crappy) design.
denounce?? LOL a little strong a statement. I am puzzled how SP hadn't improved it over the years but hey... it is a excellent fin. But..it sure could be better...so I did

Any update on the ETA for the negatively buoyant version?
haven't even started making them yet, as a new company I need to control inventory cost.

I can't believe I actually agreed with my wife to wrap my new eddy fins and put them under the tree!!! I got to hold them and sniff them for about 3 minutes and now I will not see them until the end of Dec. :-(

@cerich can you edit the description on the pictures on facebook to designate which of your sizes and which SP size you are comparing against?

No problemo, please update us when they arrive, need some for my cold water drysuit/doubles setup.

@cerich can you edit the description on the pictures on facebook to designate which of your sizes and which SP size you are comparing against?
large to large and xl to xl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom