Demo Day at Millbrook?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeS

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
This Saturday is Demo Day at Millbrook. All I’ve learned so far is that some distributor(s) were going to be there with some type display/demo. The Demo Days pass cost $15 versus the usual $11 but includes lunch (barbecued zebra muscles?). Anybody else going?

Mike

Ken and I will be there... I am not sure which manufacturers to expect, but I hear you can actually try out the gear in the quarry...

I think I may stick to the Sheetz sandwich...BBQ zebra mussels can't be very tasty..

On Saturday, September 21, many of the area Dive Centers are sponsoring a special Demo Day. This is an opportunity to both dive for fun and test new pieces of dive equipment at the same time. The Mid-Atlantic Scuba Retailers Association is inviting a variety of manufacturer's representatives to come to Millbrook to display their product line and make demo models available for registered participants.

Special Demo Day tickets will be required to participate in this event. These, specially priced tickets ($15.00) will admit divers to Millbrook, allow use of demo equipment and enable divers to make a pass through the lunch line. The barbeque lunch, served between noon and 1:00 pm, will feature burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, barbeque beans, soda and bottled water. Big eaters may make a second pass through the lunch line for an additional $4.00.

You ought to see if you can try a Spare Air and take it down to 90' and see what you get out of it :wink:

Are tickets available at the gate, or in advance from a dive shop?

They may have them at the gate, but with quarry passes they are twice as expensive at the gate. I would swing by any area LDS and pick one up there...

Call "The" Dive Shop in Fairfax.

Sea Ventures also in FFX or Aquatic Adventures in Alexandria

What time is everyone planning on getting there?

I have a pass and plan on going but think I will go hunting in the morning. That will put me at the Quarry around Noon I think.

Guess I will see ya there.

Kevin

What time is everyone planning on getting there?
Ken and I have to assist an AOW class and will be unavailable most of the day, but can hang out in between dives. After the last dive, we plan to putz around if we have any gas left.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom