discussion board or argument board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BS on the board? I think every board has some BS that goes on, but believe me, this is nothing compared to a lot of other boards out there.

It's the BS that makes it interesting and unique. Without the BS we would have used up all of the scuba topics by now.

double125's once bubbled...
IMHO there is a lot of good info on this board. There might be a little B.S. on this board but you are going to have that on a board where there is thousands of members from just about every country in the world. Some times people overstep there bounds by shooting there mouth off but then apologies are made and all is well. This is a great place to hang out, meet people in your local area and get info on just about anything scuba related. Its even a great place to discuss dir topics because people like U.P. and wendy keep people in check before it breaks out in a fight. Sorry if you are having a bad experience here but as for me I am very happy hanging out here. I definatly give scuba board 2 thumbs up.

I agree totally. Besides being a place to get some fantastic scuba information, it's also a place to relax with people who have the same interests. Conflicts are bound or rear up once in a while, but they end rather quickly.
I have seen some DIR threads get to the point of near insanity, but again, thank to people like WENDY! and U.P. it doesn't get too bad.
I'm so glad I stumbled across this board. I've learned a great deal of info from here.:)

Eh, I just come for the BS. *smirk*

-Dennis

Compared to the flame wars and trolls I see in some other boards and news groups, we're one big happy family!

Interesting... Starting a thread on the fact that there is too much argument going on on the board. Obviously, you knew some would disagree, wouldn't you?

:D

Of course there's some bs you have to wade through. It's bound to happen. Johnnythan summed it up perfectly. It sometimes annoys me to see the same question asked over & over. And to then see the reply be "Do a search" Instead of someone just answering it. But my being annoyed is my problem. If I don't like it I don't have to stay.
I have learned a TON here. And I've shared my small amount of knowledge, when possible. And shared my opinions often. That's what it's all about. Interaction, the good, the bad & the ugly.

Charlie99 once bubbled...
Mickey subscribes to Quest doesn't he? And there is always rec.scuba.

I hear rumors he has been kicked from here twice. Is he going for a record?

BWAHAHA!!

thanks, I needed that :wink:

Is it a Case of Sturgeon's Law? :)

"Ninety percent of everything is crud."

Taken from the following quote by science fiction author Theodore Sturgeon:

"Sure, 90% of science fiction is crud. That's because 90% of everything is crud."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom