Dive Accident on Belize Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're all puzzled by that. How is it possible to be negatively buoyant with only exposure protection and a set of ankle weights?
One possibility: she wasn't negative, but was lifting her torso out of the water in attempts to board the dinghy, and subsequently sinking as her out-of-water torso propelled her down when she failed. Combine that with rough water and a bouncing boat and she might have felt negative even though she was neutral or positive.

vladimir: that may well be a possible explanation. I don't know enough to know why I went under. It just seemed that the ankle weights were the problem. Also, I had not made the folllowing correction. I had previously posted that I wore, as I usually do, a 3mm long john and a 3mm shortie. But, I have since remembered that on that dive I just wore the shortie over a skin.

With the same weight, or did you adjust? If the same, then you were likely over weighted the entire dive.

- Tim

I have a pair of ankle weights that I use for tank weights on an Al 80 as I remember they are 4 or 4 1/2 lbs each how much did Jan's weigh?

Back
Top Bottom