Dive Boat Etiquette on SoCal Boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubainspired:
.....I came back to Cali and did that for my second boat dive trip and this instructor from Sport Chalet had a fit.

And part of etiquitte is politely explaning that we prefer doing things a particular way, rather than throwing a fit.

*sigh*

alaity47:
Have a great time on the Sea Bass - oil rigs, or Catalina? It's pretty different from the bigger boats; if anything, I'd say a lot of the etiquette rules are even MORE applicable, since there's less deck space and usually more advanced divers. :) I really enjoy going out with that crew; they've got oil rig drop-offs and pick-ups down to a science!

Catalina. It's suprisingly hard to find a spot on a boat down there (especially one with nitrox). The four or five boats I tried to get on previously were all full. It looks like I've done okay for myself though - people seem to dig the Sea Bass.

I'd love to dive the rigs sometime - they look like very cool dives - but just don't have the time to get it done on this visit.

The SeaBass is a fun boat, we did Farnsworth on it earlier this year. Good times.

Robert Phillips:
Ugh! Blended? How dare you even suggest blended scotch for anything other than removing stains! :11:
I agree with rob. I'll bring some nice 18yr Glenlivet next trip
John

There seems to be SO MUCH to So. Cal boat diving, I don't remember having any problems in Tahiti, or Mexico. By the way these posts are going, it makes you not want to hassle it, for fear of pissing off the "locals", if you were an outsider looking in, one would think we (SoCal divers) were a bunch of inconsiderate goofballs, diving with a half a boat load of stuck up Jackalopes.

JDog:
There seems to be SO MUCH to So. Cal boat diving, I don't remember having any problems in Tahiti, or Mexico. By the way these posts are going, it makes you not want to hassle it, for fear of pissing off the "locals", if you were an outsider looking in, one would think we (SoCal divers) were a bunch of inconsiderate goofballs, diving with a half a boat load of stuck up Jackalopes.

HEY! I may be a goofball but I am considerate! Most of the stuff is "play-nice" stuff that we all should have learned in kindergarten.

KEN!!! I need some help here.....JDog is trying to back out of getting on a boat to go diving with me! :10:

Ann Marie:
KEN!!! I need some help here.....JDog is trying to back out of getting on a boat to go diving with me! :10:

She is a goofball. In the best possible way.

Safe, competent diver.

Loyal Friend.

Complete hottie in a wetsuit.

(how am I doin' so far, Ann Marie?)

Doesn't hog the desert.

Loves to laugh.

Will not ignore you, once you make the initial contact and say Hi.

Just dive with her!!!

---
Ken

The above has been posted by the Ann Marie fan club.

JDog:

We don't think that about people from southern california :wink: :wink: :wink:

....or do we :eyebrow:

Ann Marie----I will not back out of the chamber day dive, I am actually looking forward to it. I haven't played hooky from work in years.

I will have you to assist me in my first SoCal boat dive. Just bring one of those cattle prods, when I get out of line just zap me.

Back
Top Bottom