Dive buddies needed for Komodo liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi

I am looking for 3 people to join my wife and I on a liveaboard dive trip in Komodo national park sometime in early October. We are both mid 20s backpackers and I am a coral reef biologist and divemaster. If I can put 5 people together the trip is 3 days 2 nights for just over $500 usd per person with a highly reputable company.

Thanks

Thanks

Many boats will travel from Komodo to Raja Ampat at that time of the year, but you'll still find some local companies/dive centers based in Labuan Bajo which will offer you some short itineraries (piratesbaycruises.com, wickeddiving.com, BlueMarlin Komodo, Komodo Dive center, etc...).

Many boats will travel from Komodo to Raja Ampat at that time of the year, but you'll still find some local companies/dive centers based in Labuan Bajo which will offer you some short itineraries (piratesbaycruises.com, wickeddiving.com, BlueMarlin Komodo, Komodo Dive center, etc...).
Thanks, yes I've contacted them all, they are all fully booked.

Sorry that trip is just to short....now if it was for 11 days we would be all in!

If your not able to book a LOB, Scuba Junkies has a resort that's very affordable and located in the central region of Komodo, so it generally gives you acces to more sites in the central region than the day boats out of LBJ.

For such a short duration, 3D/2N, you are better off diving with Scaba Junkies as already suggested.
I last dived Komodo in Oct couple of yrs ago and there were plenty of liveaboard boats around various sites.

I'm going to Komodo after my landbase and doing the Empress ll liveaboard: Lombok Komodo Lombok. They put a schedule out for us Oct 15-22, 7 nights/8 days. I'm staying at the Sheraton Senggigi on Oct 14 until they collect us on Oct 15 at 10am for the liveaboard. It's not a luxurious liveaboard but they have Free nitrox, WiFi, and dive lift. It's $1650 in a shared cabin/bathroom. Here is the itinerary.

Empress ll liveaboard : 20 dives
Liveaboard Empress ll Oct 15-22
Lombok Komodo Lombok(Bali, Indonesia)
Sat Oct 15: Gili Trawagan @ 2:30pm : Turtle Heaven, Trawangan Slope
Sun Oct 16: Long Reef, Tanjung Pasir, Satonda
Mon Oct 17: Gps Point, Castle Rock, Crystal Rock, And a beach BBQ
Tue Oct 18: Sarong Batu Bolong, Makassar Reef,And a Night dive at Pulau Kalong.
Wed Oct 19: Komodo Dragons Trekking, Tatawa Kecil, Padar Kecil, Lehok Sera, night dive: Lehok
Sera Bay near a coral reef and BBQ dinner on boat
Thur Oct 20: Manta Alley, Gili Banta, Sangeang Jacuzzi
Fri Oct 21: Tanjung Pasir, Haji Reef, Waterfall Trekking
Sat Oct 22: Lombok
It would be cool if you can join me!
I'm either flying in from Bali to Lombok on Oct 14-15 or arriving on a speedboat and staying at Sheraton Senggigi for the night departing for the liveaboard.
The liveaboard itself is not luxurious but standard with 6-7crew w free Nitrox and WIFI. It's $1650 on a shared cabin/bathroom. Cabin E is a single cabin $1750.
Cabin D is the only one that has en-suite for $2100 which I have reserved w my dive buddy. Komodo park fee is $55 pay at check-in and alcohol not included.
I can for go the space if you are seriously want to go.
After the liveaboard, I'm either staying couple nights in Lombok or staying in Bali before I depart Indonesia on Oct 24 or Oct 25.
If you're interested let me know, I have the necessary forms.
Happy diving!

Attachments

• IMG_2299.PNG
    IMG_2299.PNG
    404.2 KB · Views: 57
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom