Dive Buddy - Destin FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kev59

Serious divers wear black; go Spectre!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be in Destin FL sometime in the next week (Apr 6-12, 2024) - looking for a dive buddy. Interested in diving Destin bridge, open to other ideas.

Check with Emerald Coast Scuba. I did a lot of courses with them years ago. They could probably get you in touch with someone. You can dive the bridge by walking (West side where you park) then riding the incoming tide to the bridge and swim back under it (near it, etc.)-- (or better yet go at slack high tide) to your car. last time I was there in 2017 you needed a permit from the Air Force (I think) to park there. I got it online free. You can also dive the Thumb Jetty (E side of inlet). A little walk, not too bad- ECS can advise. Both dives are tide dependent. I found the dive at St. Andrews in Panama City Beach better, but viz could be rough at times, and again tide dependent at the inlet.

Check with Emerald Coast Scuba. I did a lot of courses with them years ago. They could probably get you in touch with someone. You can dive the bridge by walking (West side where you park) then riding the incoming tide to the bridge and swim back under it (near it, etc.)-- (or better yet go at slack high tide) to your car. last time I was there in 2017 you needed a permit from the Air Force (I think) to park there. I got it online free. You can also dive the Thumb Jetty (E side of inlet). A little walk, not too bad- ECS can advise. Both dives are tide dependent. I found the dive at St. Andrews in Panama City Beach better, but viz could be rough at times, and again tide dependent at the inlet.
Thanks! I will check that out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom