Dive conditions in October/

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalRich

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings Fellow divers,
I might be in the Seattle area this October. I will be diving dry. So I'm looking for opinions about dive conditions in that time period. Visibility, water temp, weather conditions.

Thanks,
SoCalRich

Average visibility would be 25-30ft that time of year. Water temperature averages 50°F. Weather is usually cloudy.

What @ScubaMac13 said.

I would add that, with winter coming on, the algal blooms taper off and the water clarity starts to improve. In many ways, it's better than summer diving.

Thank you, very much. It's still a maybe for this year. But we will be making a couple of trips next year. Look me up, if you ever dive Southern Calif. Dive in the morning & Golf in the afternoon.
Be Safe,
SoCalRich

@SoCalRich PM me if you are looking for someone to do some shore dives (though I will be teaching a class in October covering 2 weekends). A number of boats are going out at that time. I'd definitely recommend going boat diving. Also PM me for that information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom