Dive instructor shot by roatan resort owner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the way the story read, it sounds like more than the wife was mentally unstable Husband too). Shooting someone in the back? Chasing someone with a machete? & not so much for self defense. Both the husband & the wife need to be committed for psychiatric treatment.

It seems the behavior of the Wesley's is well-known and well-documented.

The fact that such behavior IS well-known and well-documented . . . yet somehow still tolerated, is enough to keep me from visiting.

Thinking, "If that outrageous behavior is allowed to continue without consequences, what else would be allowed?"

WOW!!

Well connected and crazy are a bad combination.

Both husband and wife sound extremely unbalanced, but it sounds as though they are pretty well protected by their ex-judge lawyer, as well as other connections. Hate to have occasion to cross their path.

... Tried 3 times to compose a post that would convey my message on a solution without being offensive. I failed miserably. Nuff said.

Holy Mother of Pearl lol.

What an insane bunch of locals.

Someone said it earlier I bilieve and I agree. With this TYPE of behavior KNOWN to be going on by these people and their fam, and allowed, and knowing how many different things they have their hands in across the island, anyone going there for any extended time period will eventually IMO run into someone in this clan.

Anyway, I'm curious.

Does anyone know how the 1st day of trial went? I believe it was scheduled for Sep 14.

Thanks

USVet

This happened while I was living on Roatan. The news paper has a pretty good web site and there are numerous blogs about this shooting to be found there. If interested try searching the crime section at More About Joe O’Donnell #1 | Roatan New Times

What is unfortunate is that all the people on the island are going to feel the impact from this dips*@t running off the tourism. Hope that puts pressure on the courts to handle this right and put this clown away.

Reactions: Jax
Doug - aka "Dogfish";6098159:
Hope that puts pressure on the courts to handle this right and put this clown away.

The chances of things changing are probably greater if we put on our shiny red shoes and click the heels together three times while making a wish.
While this particular incident is a Roatan thing lets not forget, The court system you speak of is that of Honduras, check their stats for crime.

As this impacts the tourism industry, you would think they.....

It really doesn't impact the dive industry except for it having been posted here.

It really has nothing at all to do with the visiting tourist diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom