Dive instructor shot by roatan resort owner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not a whole lotta people coming to AZ for resort dive vacations.:D

:spit:

:shocked2: Wait . . . why am I laughing? :depressed:

I understand what you are saying, dmoore. However, people vote with their pocketbook.

I won't go to Venezuela, either, but there are a few places in Chile I'll go. I won't go to Mexico city, nor certain places on the Sea of Cortez, but there are others I have no qualms about.

I went to Fiji when the State Department had a warning about its coup, but went anyway. The difference is, the gov't was taking care of business. It doesn't sound like Roatan is doing that.

Well, I've been to Roatan three times in the last two years, and will be there in December and January again. I've had no problems and see no reason not go back again. But then again, I also live in Mexico and Arizona. :wink:

I understand what you are saying, dmoore. However, people vote with their pocketbook.

I won't go to Venezuela, either, but there are a few places in Chile I'll go. I won't go to Mexico city, nor certain places on the Sea of Cortez, but there are others I have no qualms about.

I went to Fiji when the State Department had a warning about its coup, but went anyway. The difference is, the gov't was taking care of business. It doesn't sound like Roatan is doing that.

Yep, we went to Roatan 2 years ago shortly after the president Zalaya was forcefully removed from the country. Lost of criminals run around here in the US. The US government allows and protects criminal elements here. There are criminals that have been let go only to find they have committed another crime. Being crazy and threatening harm to others doesn't mean your going to be locked up and judges are corrupt even in the good ole USA.

With that, I'm done. Good thing about it is you can go anywhere you want. If you don't want to go to Roatan, choose some place else and have fun.:D

"Toto, I have a feeling we're in Kansas anymore,"

You even have to watch out on a trip to Oz.

Bob
-----------------------------
There is no problem that can't be solved with a liberal application of sex, tequila, money, duct tape, or high explosives, not necessarily in that order.

Well, I've been to Roatan three times in the last two years, and will be there in December and January again. I've had no problems and see no reason not go back again. But then again, I also live in Mexico and Arizona. :wink:

Lucky girl!!!

I remember that! Quite humorous! :)

Well, I guess I could take a liveaboard around there . . . . oh, wait, that won't be spending any money locally, huh? :blinking:

I'm not saying I would never go to Roatan; I'm saying I won't go soon. I'll watch how the case settles out, and do a lot more research before I consider it.

However, I'm an opinionated cuss, and not afraid to state it. How many people may have a reaction like mine, and simply never say so? Marketers have some sort of ratio . . . :hm: For every customer that expresses an opinion, there are x others that also hold it but won't state it. :idk:

I remember that! Quite humorous! :)

Well, I guess I could take a liveaboard around there . . . . oh, wait, that won't be spending any money locally, huh? :blinking:

I'm not saying I would never go to Roatan; I'm saying I won't go soon. I'll watch how the case settles out, and do a lot more research before I consider it.

However, I'm an opinionated cuss, and not afraid to state it. How many people may have a reaction like mine, and simply never say so? Marketers have some sort of ratio . . . :hm: For every customer that expresses an opinion, there are x others that also hold it but won't state it. :idk:

Why would going on a live aboard be not spending money locally?

The one there is owned by a local, has mostly local employees and buys all it's supplies locally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom