Dive Logging For Dive Master Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As said before, cert/experience is the minimum, then for each DM candidate, I use to do an evaluation session. The result of the evaluations is threefold:
- 1 there is obviously a lack of practice and we need to delay the start of the course
- 2 the experience looks not sufficient, this will require particular session to bring the right level during the DM course, but that's ok
- 3 all good and we go for the DM easy

What's key here is your comfort underwater and there is no need to spent hours underwater with a candidat. Then the second point is your possibility to demonstrate skills. As for some folks those skills are old, it is normal to refresh, but not normal to fail the exercice like a normal student.

I would see if Subsurface would work with your interface.

one of us! one of us! trimmed the logbook down and just keep a folded table printout for everything but the last dozen or so dives. works great with our lunas, but have not tried it under windows 10... :D

As pointed out, your 40 logged dives officially require no signatures (I forgot that). A side issue to consider though is what are the requirements for you to be hired by the shop where you do your course. For me, the owner wanted me to audit a couple of courses (without pay of course) since it took me longer to finish the DM course than usual. That went fine--it was partly my deficiencies and logistics (like, winter came for one) that I took longer. Despite the standards for getting the cert., a shop/op can require anything they want to hire you, which makes sense. If and when you do finish
(or before) ask about pay--many "jobs" come with pay such as (maybe) tips only. I DMd OW courses for 4 years and at least made back the money the course cost and maybe $1,000 more., so aside from really enjoying it, it did make somewhat financial sense.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom