Dive Review Of Komodo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In your experience, is it a total disadvantage to not have a nitrox option on the LOB?

I'm considering doing a Komodo LOB but the budget option I'm seeking doesn't have nitrox. I'm looking for something the week of Sept 24. Thanks for any info you have. :)

I'm planning a trip for July. Are there any Liveaboards that you would recommend? I have about 1 week there and I'm not sure I want to rely on trying to get a group of divers together to do the longer trips North or South.

Not sure if this is too soon in July, but I ran across this special a few days ago. Maybe it will work for you? It's a brand new boat, but the cruise director has been working in Indonesia for years and knows the area well.

Trips and Marketplace: Liveaboards

Cheers,

Which sites can't you get to if you stay at Scuba Junkie? I'm looking to book a trip but I'm finding it really hard to match my dates up with the available live aboard trips but I had read that Liveaboards were the best way to dive Komodo. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
I'm thinking mostly the sites in the deep south as they are a few hours away that it's impossible to do it all in a day. Personaly never went to the south as the North was still the go to spot when I was there in December. However, if you're divin gin July, you should be totally fine with just diving in the north and that's where all the liveaboards will go to anyway!

Hi, I'm thinking of going to Scuba Junkie to get my advanced OW. What were the accommodations and food like? Is there anything else around there for food/drink?

Thanks,
Trevor

Hi, I'm thinking of going to Scuba Junkie to get my advanced OW. What were the accommodations and food like? Is there anything else around there for food/drink?

Thanks,
Trevor

SJ is a totally isolated resort about 1.5 hours by boat from Laban Bajo. The accommodations range from open air bales to dorm rooms to private rooms. Food is Indonesian with a Italian nite once a week. Food is good but breakfast and lunch is on the boat and pretty simple. I have a trip report on this board under the title I love me some Komodo.

Back
Top Bottom