Dive Rite Transpac and Super Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ray Perez

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

I used to work at a dive shop on Long Island, NY. The shop is closed now but before I left, I purchased the DIve Rite Transpac with the Sport Wing II. Great harness and good wings for singles. I went with doubles at one point and it was just abysmal in high currents. I haven't done a decent wreck dive since. I am diving back in and forgot I also purchased the Super Wings and never used them. Does anyone have the same setup? I'm looking for photos or some advice on attaching these together so I don't make any mistakes. Thank you for any tips and pointers.

Ray

Back in 1994 I bought the exact same setup, Transpac n Superwing. I thought it was great until I tried a steel backplate n Classic Wing. Wondered then why I had ever bought a Superwing, and a couple of weeks later I was diving with heavy doubles, steel backplate and the DiveRite Classic Wing. Never touched a Super Wing again except when I sold it.
23 years later, I gotta say I never missed it.
Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom