Dive Shop In St. Thomas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Newdiv

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i will be in St.Thomas at the beginning of July for a family vacation. I want to try and get a few morning dives in and would like any and all recommendations for a dive op. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your input Malpaso.

Where are you staying? Admiralty - which I often recommend also - is downtown.

It's not a big island but that could be a 1/2 hr. drive or more with traffic from the East End.

Out there consider Red Hook Dive Center. I believe all the staff - including the DM's - are actually instructors.

That's kind of in the middle...:)

Marriott has an affiliated shop also - same people do the cruise dives. I personally wouldn't use them - there's a thread about problems/worn out gear here somewhere. Can't remember the name or I'd point you to it.

found the shop - Home Page - Underwater Safaris

and the thread - although it's a little older than I remembered.
Underwater Safari ---AVOID this dive shop in St.Thomas ---

Last edited:
I have a rental jeep and don't mind a little traffic. I want to stay away from shops that cater to the cruise ships. Ideally a boat that my wife and I (aow) and son could snorkel at the same time. Maybe 3/2 tank dives.

If you want to shore dive, you're not far from Coki Beach - both are done there - they even offer snuba since it's a cruise excursion stop also. Better diving there IMO is to the east past Coral World but there's some current at times in the afternoon - enough that we had to get out and catch a cab back to the shop once. Coki Dive Center
The snorkeling at Coki Beach is considered the best on ST Thomas.
There's gonna be a little ganja on the beach there also...

Otherwise ask whoever about Congo Cay - IIRC the mooring we used was close enough to the island for snorkelers - it wasn't much over 20' to the bottom there. Grass Cay would also be about that shallow but it's just a meh dive.

Cow/Calf Rocks might be another option - the swim-thru is only about 40' I have not dove there so don't know about snorkeling nearby.

Last edited:
Thanks for your responses diversteve. Maybe I will do boat 2 days and 1 shore dive.

Personally, I would avoid the entire Coki area. Read up on current crime from various sources and decide for yourself. Things may have improved, or not.

Back
Top Bottom