Dive shop stamp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mikevet

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been diving since I was 10 years old, I'm now 41. Since a kid, I dove with my parents on friends boats etc. we never dove much on chartered trips through the mid 90's. well graduate school, college and kids put me through the poor house for about 13 years and I only dove a handful of times. I recently re-entered the game when my son turned 10 and became interested in diving.
We went on his check out dives and went back to the dive shop to fill out our log books. They chased us down in the parking lot to give me stamps in log book. Is that required now or is that just advertising?

No, logbooks are not required. But I do collect the stamps in guide books etc. but I do not keep a logbook. Many shops have a stamp for specific sites, those can be fun to collect.

N

One instructor I assisted a few years ago had his own personal stamp, though the shop doesn't have a stamp.

Kids generally love collecting stamps wherever they go, I wish my daughter was quicker to do her dive log, to get the stamp, usually she waits until she gets home.

I remember Discovery Divers in Coron(Philippines) used to have stamps for individual wreck and there are several. Not sure if they still do it now.
I logged all my dives and have the dive shop stamp to go with it. Some of the stamps are well designed while others are quite plain.

Dive shops will generally stamp log books particularly for courses or if asked.

I have stopped doing my log book and keep my dives logged on the computer now. Can get far more info regarding them as my dive computer profiles can be added.

I've gone back and forth from electronic to paper.

I finally found what works for me. I carry a small book and log every dive by hand. I review info in my computer and write in the pertinent info in the book. I do this because otherwise I find I am not processing the dive and reviewing it. Also when in electronic form, it's hard to transfer to a new phone (I've used a couple of different dive aps). I also use a couple of different dive computers and don't like lugging around a laptop - but with my little book, I take it everywhere and can quickly go back to compare notes and prep for similar dives when conditions are similar. Also, I like to draw pics of things I see and draw maps associated with the dives. Mom is It's old school but I like it. I've started to put in dive op stickers/stamps into the book when I remember.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom