Dive Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim223

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking to go to grand cayman...oct...nov....Anyone have experience with Dive Tech dive shop?? feedback appreciated.

They are fine, as are many others who dive west and north side. Everyone has their favorites.

DiveTech has lots of very experienced DMs who have lots of technical training/certs as well. Of course, most of their business is recreational, so they do that well too.

The difference they offer is shore diving from Lighthouse point. You can book a boat (short drive in bus to dock) or rent a tank and swim out of the sea pool (if it's calm) or jump off of the dock. The diving of the point has a mini wall and not too far from there, the main wall. It's fantastic diving.

I would also suggest if you are even thinking about doing any training, you do it with them. They have a few guys (Mark and another guy who I forgot his name) who are sidemount gurus. Lots of other personalities for less advanced OW all the way up to CCR/Trimix--more than a few women instructors as well if that would help a new female diver. In Cayman, I've found this to be very unique. Most dive operations have good (some great) DMs, but they give you a very confused look if mention Buhlman or anything beyond the recreational realm. I'm not saying they need to be Dr. Deco, just that they have at least the basic knowledge of diving science.

The only criticism i have of DT is that I prefer their larger boat, Atatude, to the smaller. The smaller boat is worn and slower.

In short, they are a great, full-service, eco-friendly shore and boat diving operation.

Agree with thirdparty. If you are planning anything other than recreational gear, limits, Divetech is your go to.
If purely recreational, there are a number of very good competitive ops on the west side.

Anyone can dive at Lighthouse or Turtle Reef, regardless of who you are boat diving with. I personally marginally prefer the miniwall at Turtle Reef. If it is calm, there is also good supported shore diving at Cobalt Coast site
Divetech may however include free shore diving at Lighthouse if you boat dive with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom