Dive Xtras Blacktip Tech Safety Notice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying but one of the reasons I bought the original Blacktip (before it was called travel) was because it is rated to 300ft/100m. I've dove that tube to 250-300ft a decent number of times.

I then bought the "upgraded" Tech tube because it would trim out and it supposedly carried an additional depth rating of 400ft/~121m. I figured this was a much greater safety margin for the 300ft dives I was doing at the time. I then bought a 2nd and 3rd Blacktip Tech because I was comfortable with that depth rating.

Frankly, I would not have bought these scooters if I did not think it could handle the advertised depth rating. Yes I realize this is all a moot point as nothing Dive Xtras I own is currently under any sort of warranty. I'm just pointing out that one of the reasons I bought them was because I was comfortable and happy with their advertised depth rating. I would not have bought these scooters if they were only rated to 60m or 70m.

Perhaps this is all fine and it only affects a small number of Tech tube batches. They seem to indicate it only affects Tech tubes from Jan 2023 through Jan 2024. Mine are firmly outside this date range but the question still remains. Is one of my scooters going to implode at 300ft?
freind of mine has taken a tech tube to 125m without issue

Back
Top Bottom