Diver Dies South of Tampa, Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
here's the story. anyone know anything about this?

Scuba diver dies; autopsy planned

A man died Monday [May 31] afternoon after he stopped breathing while scuba diving off the coast of Longboat Key, authorities said.

The man, whose name was not released, was diving with another man about 11 miles offshore when he stopped breathing about 12:15 p.m., U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer 2nd Class Jay Wackerle said. Coast Guard and the marine units from the Longboat Key Police Department and the Manatee County Sheriff's Office responded.

The Coast Guard arrived and found the diver was not breathing and the other man performing CPR on him. Guardsmen took over CPR and brought the diver to shore to be taken to Blake Medical Center, where he died, Wackerle said.

An autopsy is planned for today, the District 12 Medical Examiner's Office said.

Where did you get this article from? I have contacts at most local media outlets but I need to know which one ran it?

I had not heard this story.

i got it from Brandenton.com. here is the search result, but you have to register to read the article (i printed it above in its entirety):

search

Back
Top Bottom