DiverGuard: Is this for real?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With a nod to WKRP - "As God as my witness I thought turkeys could swim!"

[video=youtube;ST01bZJPuE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST01bZJPuE0[/video]

its so easy mock a new product...

it really does seem like a gimmick by the way its presented... but it has some decent ideas... (some may already exists in high end computers? breathing rate etc)...

I absolutely love the turkey call!!!!

For every diver it saves two will be beaten to death because of the turkey call.

God in heaven that thing would be annoying. Whatever happened to being a good diver and not relying so heavily on gear gimmicks?

---------- Post added November 20th, 2012 at 07:00 PM ----------

its so easy mock a new product...

it really does seem like a gimmick by the way its presented... but it has some decent ideas... (some may already exists in high end computers? breathing rate etc)...

Yeah, the Scubapro Galileo Sol has an optional heart rate monitor that will kindly let you know that you are having a heart attack every 5-7 minutes.

Still rolling on the ground laughing about this one! HAHA :)

Yea, just one more thing to make SCUBA diving "easier" so more idiots can get hurt or die.

I think its funny that it "auto inflates" because thats the last thing you wanna do, unless your already dead. :shrug:

All gadgets like this make me do is buy an old 50's Aqualung double hose reg and a J valve tank without a BC and go solo dive. LOL :)

its so easy mock a new product....

I believe the derision comes from the fact that it is so poorly thought out. Somehow I suspect spearfisherman will be a little annoyed when an audio alarm goes off because they held their breath for 30 seconds. Imagine you are in an entanglement emergency and you give someone your octopus. 37 seconds later a BC inflates. Does the alarm go off because two people are breathing off a single first stage? That would look like pretty erratic breathing. And then there is the air embolism issue when this thing decides to inflate your BC with 60 Lbs of buoyancy at 100'.

Worst of all, this could be yet another excuse to make training standards even more inadequate and pathetic than they are now… if that is possible.

....just in time for Thanksgiving.

Inflate vest after a period of non breathing-I think Watergill had a similar idea back in the 70ies or 80ies.

Last edited:
Worst of all, this could be yet another excuse to make training standards even more inadequate and pathetic than they are now… if that is possible.

Folk we have a WINNER!!!!!

---------- Post added November 20th, 2012 at 07:37 PM ----------

P.S. - looks like we don't need a rescue course anymore....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom