Diving after angioplasty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello, i am a sport instructor but sadly i had a heart attack the muscle of the heart was not damaged, but two angioplasty in the choronary and the CX , the doctor said its due to genetic in the family coz of the bad cholesterol, when will i be able to safely dive again ps : experienced tech diver. Looking forward to hear your opinion thank you

You should be able to return to diving when your physician clears you for full physical activity and you have completed your cardiac rehabilitation. If you have coronary artery disease, you will be at increased risk of another event so you will need to work closely with your physician as you progress. Extra caution is advised, since immersion causes a redistribution of blood in the body and places an additional strain on the heart.

Best regards,
DDM

I had a heart attack in March 2010. Had 90% blockage in the Right Coronary Artery (RCA) & had a stent installed in the RCA. That didn't slow me down at all. In fact I feel 10 years younger. I still go skiing every year, logging 300 dives since then and climbed up Mount Kilimanjaro a couple years ago.

I do take 75mg Plavix , 81mg Aspirin & 40mg Simvastatin everyday. My total cholesterol went down from 280 to 160 & stay down since. You just have to change what you have control over your life, that is eat right food, have routin exercise, like walking 2 miles a day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom