Diving in Guadeloupe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

There are several threads on diving in Guadeloupe but I haven't really gotten a sense of what the diving is like there. There is the JC preserve, which looks awesome, but I am looking for recommendations on who to contact ahead of time to set up dives.

Someone posted a link to the Atlantis Formation. They look good...anyone heard anything either way?

I speak some French so am not overly concerned about an "english" speaking company. Besides, we all "speak" the same language underwater right? :)

Thanks in advance SB!

Hi Divinglegal!

Diving in Guadeloupe is some of the best in the Caribbean. In fact, Jacques Cousteau called the island one of the 10 best dive spots in the world. You get a little bit of everything from pristine reefs to awesome caverns around this jewel. If you're still trying to decide when to go, the humpback whales pass by the island in March and April.

Our website shows a few dive shops and resorts on Guadeloupe. You can take a look at availability, price and other diver reviews as well as book your dives in advance at https://diviac.trave/d/guadeloupe. You will also find some more information about weather, dive sites and marine life. Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions about diving around this Caribbean paradise!

During last Christmas holidays, I used centre des ilets, in Malendure, and I was quite pleased with them. [rec dives]

Guadeloupe has some great diving for the Caribbean! I dove all around the Jacques Cousteau reserve last month and very much enjoyed it. However, I heard I hav eto go back and dive Ile des Saintes and Petite Terre next time as that's where the real good stuff is! Enjoy.

Spent almost 2 weeks in "les Saintes" (9 little islands off the coast of Guadeloupe) in April and loved it. Crystal clear and warm water, 60 to 70' diving time no deco (between 10 and 20m deep, only deep site is 'Sec Pâté' : 45 m +) : sponges, corals, tons of various fishes and turtles ! :)

Used that outlet : La Dive Bouteille | Plongées des Saintes

It was very satisfactory.

Is a DM mandatory? Or can you just go diving any time you want?

If group diving with a DM is required, generally how long are the dives and how many is normally done in a day?

Are night dives common?

I was the only diver for about a week, and as solo diving isn't possible, I guess a DM was mandatory then. The 2nd week, there were other divers and we dove together without the DM. Didn't ask for night dives, only did 2 tanks dive between 8:00 AM and 12:30 PM, so I can't answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom