Diving in Sri Lanka

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving tmrw with Colombo divers :) Not expecting a lot but haven't dived in almost a yr, it would just be good to get back in the water

Hi, we dove 2 wrecks cargo and tugboat. The viz was around 30 ft or so, saw a bunch of lionfish as well. Not the best diving but not too bad either. The dive op Colombo divers was excellent.

Hi K374,

There's only one dive center currently offering diving in Colombo and they are based on Mount Lavina Beach. There called Island Scuba and will certainly be very happy to show you around the great wrecks there.

If you decide to wait until April, the dive season on the east coast will start to open. Most of the dive centres from the west, south will be heading there anytime after March. I'm based in Trincomalee and AquaCreed Scuba will be planning to open in April if you want to check us out!!

Hello, my wife and I will be in Sri Lanka in mid October of this year. We realize it's not the ideal time of year for diving most parts of the country, but are wondering if anyone has been this time of year. "Unsettled" as the weather description that time of the year just doesn't make sense to us. We are only there for 5 days, so would probably be 1-2 days max. The rest of the time we plan to spend inland seeing elephants and other parts of the country.

Thanks!

Hello, my wife and I will be in Sri Lanka in mid October of this year. We realize it's not the ideal time of year for diving most parts of the country, but are wondering if anyone has been this time of year. "Unsettled" as the weather description that time of the year just doesn't make sense to us. We are only there for 5 days, so would probably be 1-2 days max. The rest of the time we plan to spend inland seeing elephants and other parts of the country.

Thanks!

Hi Glockit4,

I think it would be difficult to predict the weather In October. Last season it was raining hard during the latter part of September so most dive center closed down and move back to there west coast locations.

If you want to keep in contact with me closer to the time you are planning to travel the east coast, then i can keep you updated with the latest conditions.

Hi Glockit4,

I think it would be difficult to predict the weather In October. Last season it was raining hard during the latter part of September so most dive center closed down and move back to there west coast locations.

If you want to keep in contact with me closer to the time you are planning to travel the east coast, then i can keep you updated with the latest conditions.

Thanks, that would be great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom