Diving incident at Eagles Nest Sink

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Always terrible when this happens condolences to all those affected

Condolences to all involved. I just went back and read the threads from 2004 after realizing where this was located. Ugh....

always sad news...condolences to family, and friends....

They've been identified: Fort Lauderdale divers found dead in cave system

I've heard that they were both on JJ Rebreathers and had three scooters with them. They were supposed to be headed in one direction, but were found very close to the exit in the opposite direction.

I would like to know more about this incident if you have any insight, please post.

Blakely was the most inexperienced diver and agreed to remain closer to the surface, while the other two divers explored the caves. The plan was for Peacock and Rittenmeyer to check in with Blakely at a predetermined location at 3 p.m.

However, Blakeley waited, and they did not show up. Blakely went back 30 minutes later; they still were not there. Blakely checked back every 30 minutes, meeting with negative results. At 6 p.m., Blakely called 911.
Three hours after the planned surface time before calling 911? :eek:

Reactions: Jax
Three hours after the planned surface time before calling 911? :eek:
Its not hard to do a 6hr dive there.

Dual CCR fatality not far from the entrance at 250+ft just about shouts contaminated gas to me. But lots of things can go wrong and almost anything is possible at this point (given the scanty reporting)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom