Diving Near Ajman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ontdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Grateful for any info on what diving conditions would be like off Ajman circa early February. Realize that Fujairah has better sites but not able to work that in to itinerary.

The Arabian Gulf visibility is generally not the best.

There aren't any dive shops in Ajman.
Your options would be from Dubai or Ras Al Khaimah.

Al Jazira Dive Center is Ras Al Khaimah is good.

This is where they dive:

1692461787099.png

Out of curiosity, why Ajman?
I know they have a couple of wrecks but no dive centers. Either Dubai or the RAK dive centers go out there.

If you're already in Ajman, then you'll have to go to Dubai or RAK to dive.

If you're not in Ajman, then getting to Fujairah is only maybe 30 minutes more than getting to Ajman.
Unless you're in Sharjah or Umm Alquwain.

Speak up man! Why this obscure dive request :D

I'm not aware of any dive ops in Ajman, the majority are located on the east coast where the diving in UAE is much better.

However you do get freaky days where vis is really good, but that is tide dependent as well as freakish mental currents during spring tides (full and new moon cycles).

I don't know of anyone diving that area apart from the Sharjah BSAC club, who are allegedly taking as much brass off any wrecks they can dive, and Al Jazirah Dive Centre as @hedonist222 has pointed out. Bermuda Dive centre in Dubai go our from Port Rashid but as far as I am aware do not go further north than Sharjah.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom