Diving Off Molokini Crater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I recently had several dives off Molokini Crater. We had some enjoyable dives. Here's a four shot pano-rama that I took when we had a surface interval

Here's another from the top of the dive boat.

I've dove at "reefs end" several times, there seem to be a number of Green turtles around.

On the way out and back we saw a number of humpback whales from the surface.

Maui has plenty of beautiful sights to see.

love Molokini and Hawaii.......great photos... .thanks for sharing.

Just got back myself and dove the back side of Molokini with Lahaina Divers. Great dive OP, very professional. From the pic of the boat looks like you dove with them to.

Great shots, especially the dove with the black sand beach, is that off road to hana?

We are headed there at the end of the week... can't wait!

Yes that is the black sand beach on the way to Hana. Also on the beach is a lava tube that you can enter, you have to crouch down to get in but once inside you can stand up. Inside the lava tube looking out:

That black sand beach was nice. If you listen closely while on the beach you can hear the little black pebbles hitting each other as the waves suck back into the ocean.

Just got back myself and dove the back side of Molokini with Lahaina Divers. Great dive OP, very professional. From the pic of the boat looks like you dove with them to.

We dove with Lahaina divers, they were much better than the last time we cove with them. The past two times we dove with Ed Severenson and they were great except when you are staying at Kaanapali it is a long drive early in the morning to get to Kehei ramp, that is why we dove with Lahaina divers again. Diving around Molokini is some of the best diving on Maui. We've seen big Manta, plenty of shark and lots of other fish and eels. One of the best things happens on nearly every dive if the whales are still around you can hear them singing under water. Here's a photo I took off the dive boat:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom