Diving this weekend/next week?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressed Neoprene w/ Neoprene neck and wrist seals way to go. Still, diving dry is not as comfortable diving wet but the warmth is worth it. Getting in and out of wet suit in cold.. Brrr.. Still don't know how you were able to drive down in your wetsuit!

John L, after talking to the family, meeting at 830 (Bk maybe?) would be great.

Reefseal, Yeah I don't mind coming with all you guys, the more the merrier. Just let me know what you think after you check out the weather report. Heres what I got for sunday:

Party Cloudy, 41 degrees, west wind 12-14kts in the morning going up by noon to around 20kts and then will drop back down by 3pm and getting sunny. Low tide will be at 0730, high at 1341. I know the plus is that the winds are west but if you guys think its gonna be no good let me know.

I'm bagging it. Suiting up in howling winds isn't fun..

SUN... W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT...INCREASING TO 25 TO 30 KT IN THE LATE MORNING AND AFTERNOON. GUSTS UP TO 40 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT...BUILDING TO 5 TO 8 FT IN THE AFTERNOON.

The sites on Cape ann I like to do are westerly facing. Would love to do Cath rocks but not at low tide.

Nooo, dont give up yet, I went to the dive shop today and my guy there said tomorrow would prob make for some good diving even though it would be windy. Apparently b/c it is a westerly wind it will push all the cloudy surface water out and bring in clear water from out deep. I know you are thinking of bagging it but Cat Rocks around 1 may be good. The wind is supposed to be worst at noon then die down to the 15kt range soon after. Since that is went high tide is that may be the time to go. Let me know what you think...It may be worth the try..If not, what about Foley Cove, its enclosed and a westerly wind will blow right over it. That would also be best for me so I can get my weighting right. If we only end up getting one dive in and it's crappy, I'll pay for your air fill, I really wanna get this weighting thing done. Give me a call and let me know, I'll PM you my number

yeah, well no sweat on tomorrow, but if you want to get in with John L and I later this week def do it! Tomorrow will be a good day to sit and get ready for santa anyways!

8:30 at the BK works for me (why am I getting up early again?). No problem messing with weighting. Did you end up going dry?

haha we can do 9 if you want-give us an extra half hour of sleep to rest up for the holiday family fun. haha, up to you

Yeah I ended up getting a drysuit, actually got a really close to new one from a guy here on scubaboard for like half off. Fit perfectly so I lucked out, what about you?

No, 8:30 is fine and I wont have to rush to get home early enough.

Glad to hear it on the drysuit, it will probably still be pretty cold that early. I switched last year too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom