Diving Tip of the Day... For Dummies.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't believe there was any hope saving the iPhone. So this message comes to you from a $100 Samsung Amp Prime. First time ever using a non Apple smart phone and I like it. I'll be damn if I'm going to spend $700 on another fragile iphone6 or Samsung S7. Although that S7 was pretty sweet, just not $700's sweet.

My dive tip of the day-always check the zip on your wetsuit.

It's even more important in a drysuit ... :shocked:

Backrolled off a boat once with that nagging feeling that I was forgetting something. As I hit the water I remembered ... my fins were still on the boat ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It's even more important in a drysuit ... :shocked:

Backrolled off a boat once with that nagging feeling that I was forgetting something. As I hit the water I remembered ... my fins were still on the boat ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

In Cavern/Intro I was doing a "gear shakedown" type dive on the first day after some configuration changes. My new fins (second dive on them) seemed to have very little propulsion....until I looked down and saw my overboots. I looked at my instructor, who gave me a confused look. I calmly frog-kicked back to shore, retrieved my fins, and started the dive again. Best part? He got it on video.

You may go faster using breast stroke (skulling) rather than finless kicking?

I forgot my mask at the room. Had to borrow one. The one I borrowed was one with some rather strong bifocals. I haven't forgotten it since.

CuzzA, in your avatar, is that a wrist mounted mirror? i've been wanting one just like that, where'd you get it?

my dive tip of the day: when you take a digital camera down with you, make sure it's turned ON before you get into the water. otherwise it turns into dead weight you end up carrying for the rest of the dive and sure enough the best marine life will decide show up at that time.

I jumped off a boat without the regulator in my mouth. The Scubapro 109 regulator (chrome and brass) I had was perfectly weighted and the hose the exact right length to hit me on the top of my head. I stopped bleeding by the end of the dive.

Some great stories for sure. Painful, expensive and perhaps even embarrassing.

CuzzA, in your avatar, is that a wrist mounted mirror? i've been wanting one just like that, where'd you get it?

I made it. Picked up some soft 2" webbing, Velcro, stretchy webbing, nylon thread, a slider, stainless steel screw, washer and a car blind spot mirror. Probably cost me about $15 and an hour to make. (JoAnn Fabrics and Auto Parts store). The mirror is coved so it gives a better field of view. Good for checking your mask mounted camera, bubbles and signalling SAR.

@MAKO Spearguns sells one with shock cord, but I needed a place to hold powerheads so I had to DIY.

GoPro Status Mirror | MAKO Spearguns

20160523_181925.jpg
1464042663331-2056266279.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom