Diving without Certification (A RANT)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Because the government does such a wonderful job with everything they get their mitts into?

You know what Reagan famously said. "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

Government regulation should be reserved for things which are incapable of regulating themselves. Right now I think the "scuba industry" does a pretty good job of self regulation. If the bodies start stacking up like cordwood, call me a liar and bring in the Government.

A tech diver with only 250 dives? Hmmm. Anyway, if the tech is an instructor and does a proper discover dive, that's one thing. But quite another to get all cowboy. It is too easy to get over-confident and get into trouble. Or have a problem due to lack of understanding. Diving accidents typically end up with far more dire consequences than a cast or something

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom