DIY Lobster Snare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a leftover 40"- 1/2" PVC with an elbow. 66"s of 1/8" galv. cable, a 5"-1/2" PVC handle(pull), with a 1/8" U-cable fastener and 6" of plastic tube on the snare end.

Drill a hole just below the elbow to pass the tag end of the cable through, about a 1 1/2-2" will due. Bend it and lay it flat on the PVC and duct tape to your hearts content. The U-fastener goes on the opposite end at the end of the handle, add duct tape. Even Homer Simpson couldn't foul this up.

These are some of yesterdays victims, Hans and Franz, 4 & 5 pounders.

Attachments

• Lobster-Stick.jpg
    Lobster-Stick.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 935
  • More Studs 004.jpg
    More Studs 004.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 679
I was going to send a picture of my gloved hand, but I can't be bothered! Why do you need a snare? Can't dive for lobstahs up here anyways!
Oh and you want gloves on up here! Water's a bit nippy!

R

I grab 95% by hand, but being 6'3" gives me quite a wing-span. This is more of a tickle-stick for me, but in deep holes I improve my catch by quite a bit. Also, it is handy to flushout eels that often hangout with their eel budddies.
Kevlar gloves are my REAL weapons.

Back
Top Bottom